Use WooCommerce Measurement Price Calculator to Sell Objects Priced by Unit or Allow Customers to Add Quantities of Their Own
WooCommerce Measurement Price Calculator allows you to add and configure a calculator to your products that are sold in quantities based on their dimensions, square footage, volume, or weight. This allows you to sell products easily and fast. For instance, let’s say you have tile that’s sold for $2.09 per square foot, and you offer a box of tiles that covers 35 square feet or a larger box that covers 60 square feet. Using the same pricing per square foot, you can easily enter the size of the box and the calculator will display the total price per box.
You can also sell products using another unit of measurement (per square foot, cubic yard, etc). Configure any combination of units and customize labels to meet your store’s needs!
WooCommerce Measurement Price Calculator Key Features
- Use the quantity calculator for products based on known product measurements.
- Allow pricing based on dynamic weight. All products can be set with a “per unit” weight thus changing the shipping costs ,
- Use the pricing calculator for products priced and sold by the unit: foot, square meter, cubic yard.
- Say you want to sell garden mulch or wallpaper. You can set the pricing calculator for garden mulch by volume and the one for wallpaper by area.Display the product prices per unit .
- Manage your product inventory with the inventory support featureall physical attributes, such as dimensions, area, surface area, volume, or weightet price breaks based on simple product measurement ranges .
- Use any combination of units .
- Customize measurement and pricing labels .
- Variable products supported for per-unit pricing, shipping weight, and inventory .
- Special “Room Walls” calculator for selling wallpaper .
One Plugin, Two Calculator Models
With WooCommerce Measurement Price Calculator you can configure two distinct calculator modes: quantity-based and user-defined.
The quantity-based calculator is ideal for selling products that have a set measurement, such as a box of tile with given square footage. For instance, the calculator will be shown on the frontend, prompting the customer for a length and width. You set the label and the units to use, and your customer can easily purchase the minimum number of boxes based on the area of their floor and the coverage of each box of tiles. The plugin can be configured to display the price “per unit”, as is common with tile sales. Of course, any of the calculators can be used: dimensions, area, volume or weight.
The user-defined calculator mode allows you to sell products which are priced per unit and sold in custom sizes. This calculator is ideal for selling products which are customized to order: for instance, fabric sold by the foot, with a length provided by the customer. When the ‘Calculated Price’ option is enabled, the price will be defined as the price per unit and the amount entered by the customer. The product price per unit will be displayed in the catalog. On the product page, the customer will be able to supply the length desired and see the final price based on their dimensions. The user-supplied measurement is shown on the cart page, order details, emails, and order admin.
Pricing Calculator Inventory Support
Inventory can now be managed “by unit” for custom sized products (user-defined mode). With this option enabled, you have the ability to account for product inventory in the same units in which it is sold. For instance, if your product is fabric by the foot you can configure your product inventory in terms of available feet of fabric, so if a customer orders two 10-foot lengths a total of 20 feet will be deducted from your product inventory.
Pricing Calculator Dynamic Weight
Now you can configure a weight “per unit” for your user-defined calculator products. By enabling this option you are able to set a weight per square foot. For instance, so that shipping costs can be correctly totaled for products customized by your customers.
No longer are you limited to a single price per unit for your pricing calculator products! Define one or more pricing rules and the measurement price calculator will take care of the rest. The price will be instantly updated on the product page based on the size of the product configured by the customer.
Also, the premium Tab Manager feature allows you to list the price schedule in a custom tab. This way your clients will be encouraged to purchase more with savings they can see.