Find Out More About WooCommerce Product Add-Ons
WooCommerce Product Add-Ons is a product configurator which allows your customers to personalize their products by adding input boxes, dropdowns, file uploads or checkboxes.
Moreover, you can use the add-ons as a product designer and you can apply it to different products of your customers. For example, you can only have an add-on for a wide range of products, not for black shoes only.
Furthermore, as a product designer, it does not have support for conditional logic. If you want your customers to fill out different fields based on information they fill out, we recommend that you use the powerful Gravity Forms plugin to create forms with conditional logic. Then you link those forms to your WooCommerce products with the Gravity Forms Product Add-Ons extension.
WooCommerce Product Add-Ons Features
- Works great in particular for gift messages, donations, laser inscription and any other product that requires user input.
- Supports compulsory fields, text areas, checkboxes, radios, select boxes, custom price inputs and file upload boxes.
- You can add Add-ons worldwide or per-product from the edit product page, such as you can apply the plugin either to all of your products or to specific fields, built upon your choices.
- It works with the WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin to add pricing to your options for the repeated subscription.
More About the Global Add-Ons Fields
GLOBAL ADD-ON REFERENCE
The name that you are giving to the add-on.
It determines the order in which add-ons are displayed on the frontend.
In other words, it determines which products will show the global add-on.
Tips & Tricks For This Product Designer
- If you want to add your first add-on, you can click on the “New Add-on Group” button on your product settings. After that, you have to select a field type from the top-most select box. More choices are available here (for instance checkboxes, radio buttons, select box, custom input etc.).
- For instance, you can change the order in which the add-ons are displayed with drag and drop. More than this, add-ons can be exported and imported using the buttons when editing any type of add-on.
- In order to make the uploads hard to find, you can store them in randomized folders under wp-content/uploads/. Hence, people are allowed to browse your file/folder structure if some hosts enable directory listing.