What is WooCommerce Royal Mail?
WooCommerce Royal Mail plugin makes it possible for you to offer Royal Mail shipping rates to clients without needing an API, as Royal Mail do not provide a public API. In order to use this plugin, your store must use GBP currency and have as the base country the United Kingdom. Also, you need to set up your items with weights and shipping dimensions.
WooCommerce Royal Mail Features
- Personalize the names of services.
- Decide what Royal Mail services you want to provide to your clients.
- Pack items separately or use our built-in box packer to ship products in single or multiple package(s).
- Add extra costs to services, if you want.
Methods of Parcel Packing
You have the possibility to pack Royal Mail in two ways. Each of these ways affects the parcels you send to the plugin for a quote.
Pack items individually (by default)
Each item in your cart is sent to the plugin individually. The quotes are combined for the final cost for all the products.
Pack items in boxes together (which is recommended)
Products are packed into pre-defined boxes and sent to the plugin for a quote. We recommend you to choose this option.
This shipping alternative enables you to group products into packages for which you define height, width, length and weight. The packing is volume based, but does also consider item sizes. The majority of the methods of Royal Mail have fixed sizes and do not request custom box sizes. You have the alternative to decide the dimensions that are used for packing and products will be fit within these.
Within the UK
- Royal Mail 1st Class
- Royal Mail Signed For® 1st Class
- Royal Mail 2nd Class
- Royal Mail Signed For® 2nd Class
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am®
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm®
- Royal Mail International Standard
- Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed
- Royal Mail International Tracked
- Royal Mail International Signed
- Royal Mail International Economy
How to install this plugin
- First of all, you download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Secondly, you go to Add New and Upload Plugin with the file that you downloaded with Choose File.
- In the end, you just have to click Install Now and Activate the extension.