WooCommerce Warranty Requests plugin helps you manage the RMA process. Along with it, you can add warranty terms to your products. Adding warranty on the products increases their value in the eyes of customers. Thus, you allow your customers that they request and manage their returns and then exchange them directly from their user account.
Most Useful Key Features
Define Warranty Terms For Product
You will set the expirations dates for limited warranties.
Easy Store Administration
Easily manage all RMA, return requests, and warranty from a single view of the store.
You will be able to manage automated email communications when there is a change in return status. As well as you will maintain free or paid extended warranties for products and variations.
Ability to create your own warranty statuses. Also, it enables you to manage the statuses for all return requests.
WooCommerce Warranty Requests Features
The WooCommerce Warranty Requests has these features:
- You can request the images of products and track the returns to/from your customers all within the user’s account
- It offers a solution that is a flexible warranty management:
- You will define warranty terms as well as expiration dates
- You are free to add warranty terms to products
- With it, you can enable your customers to request and manage returns/exchanges from their store account
- Ability to create custom warranty statuses
- You can create your own warranty statuses
- Capacity of managing the statuses for all return requests
- Customization of the RMA code length
- Changes in the format of RMA
Free and paid warranties
Offering free or paid extended warranties is also possible. It works for both the products and product variations. You may choose any one out of:
- Default Warranty
- No Warranty
- Warranty Included
- Warranty as Add-on